Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Twine Eggs

 Tonight I took this:

And made this:

Maryann over at Domestically Speaking had a fabulous idea--covering plastic eggs with twine! I loved the coloring and texture of the eggs and jotted down the info in my Idea Book. I finally had time to run my Dollar Tree yesterday to grab supplies. I got 18 eggs for, you guessed it, $1. I also grabbed 2 large bags of Spanish moss for this project and to have on hand. Unfortunately, I didn't like the twine they had. It was too light colored and thin. But I found the perfect twine at Michael's for $3.99 and used a 40% off coupon.

I took my Simon Pearce hand blown glass bowl, added some Spanish moss, and added a few twine eggs. I added it to my vignette on top of our new piece of furniture.


I am already looking for other things to cover in twine. Glass milk bottles? Old glass jars? A wreath? Anyone have any ideas?



7 comments:

LEanne said...

They look really good. You did a great job. I thnk I need to make some too.

Melanie said...

I like them. I saw hers too. I am not a crafty girl unless it is scrapbooking or card making.

You girls online really know how to craft.

Caroline said...

That's such a cute idea!

I love your blog background. So pretty.

Meg said...

Really cute! Perfect for Easter and really any time of the year! I'm also loving that apothecary jar!

kim said...

Those twine eggs look great. I may have to try that little crafty project.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Yours turned out great! :-)

Room to Inspire said...

Covering the eggs in twine - I just love that idea! Hum...what else could I cover in twine???

Chelsea