Friday, September 10, 2010

Little Girlie Headbands

 I am STILL working on the various rooms we bought furniture for, so I'm not ready to share pics quite yet. In the meantime I'll share some crafty goodness that I've been up to!

Since I am expecting a baby girl in 3 short months, and several of my girlfriends either just had a baby girl or are also expecting girls, I had to give the adorable flower headbands a try.

I've used an assortment of headbands: cotton, crocheted, and the thinner non-slip ones.
I have used silk flowers as well as a few paper ones that I found in the scrapbook section of craft stores. And I like to add small rhinestones to the middle.

I chose to hot glue the flowers to the headbands since I read several tutorials saying this worked fine and I love how easy hot glue is. For the crocheted headbands, I cut a small circle of felt material and glued it under the area of the crocheted area where the flower would go to help hold it all together since there are holes in the crocheted headbands. But for the cotton ones I just glued right on the headband.

For the thinner, no slip headbands (that sort of look like ponytail holders) and I used the smaller paper flowers. These headbands have to be cut down to size and sewn by hand, which is sort of a slow process compared to the other headbands. But I like these type of headbands with small flowers for newborns. I like the daintiness of them on the tiny babies.

Here are my results!


 I am trying to learn to make hairbows next, but they are a little more challenging. If you have any tips let me know!


6 comments:

Red Door Home said...

Your headbands are adorable. Your baby is one lucky little girl to have such a crafty Mom!

mle said...

Oh! those headbands are so cute! wish my girls were still little enough to want to wear those!
happy friday : )

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are adorable. :) Hairbows are harder. Sometimes they take me several tries.

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

You’ve been busy! I’m sure your little one will be precious all fancied up in her head bands mad with love by her momma!

Ps...Thank you for your sweet comment on my fall mantel.

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Meg said...

These are adorable! You are so talented!

Wendy said...

Jessi,
these are great. Miss Sarah would love to make these! Thanks for sharing.
Wendy