Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Earthy Outdoor Wreath

I am not doing so great at getting back to this blog thing, huh? I'm tryin'! We are in the midst of staining our deck and it has become much more of a project than we had prepared for. I'll post more about the process once we are finally finished. First, we have to wait out the massive rain which set in Monday night and is predicted through the end of the week. I detest starting a big project and being forced to not finish in a relatively timely manner! I'm not a patient person!

In the meantime, I'm sharing a wreath I made for the deck. I wanted something that looked like it belongs outside, something "earthy". Here 's what I came up with:



Supplies:
Grapevine Wreath
1 Bag of Reindeer Moss
3 Faux Flowering Branches
Hot Glue Sticks & Gun
1 Roll of Burlap Garland

Grapevine wreaths are my favorite to work with because there are so many nooks and crannies to work with. I used a large 24" wreath for this  project. I chose reindeer moss because I wanted more of a bright green look rather than the other dried out options. And I had the faux branches already on hand.

I began by adding the branches, working my way around the wreath. I tucked the end of each branch into the grapevine and then pulled them through and  tucked them in here and there as I made my way around. Next came the moss, which I stuck wherever I could find a spot and adhered with the hot glue. I'd be more specific with the "how" if I could, but honestly, I made it up as I went!

Lastly, I added  the burlap garland and simply tied a knot. I added a 3M hook to the siding of our home over our sitting area on the deck and hung up my inexpensive, new wreath! (Don't mind the pre-stained deck.)




And here it is close up one more time!



This was the perfect project--easy, cheap and done in less than an hour!
Have you crafted lately?  What did you make?



I'm linking up over at Home Stories: A to Z & Someday Crafts.

No comments: