Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spiderman, Spiderman!

 My son is OBSESSED with superheros. Batman, Ironman, Green Lantern, Superman, etc. But his first love is Spiderman. The obsession began before he even turned 2. Way earlier than I expected. And while many obsessions for children come and go, my son is now over 3 still going strong. He has several superhero shirts and basically wants to wear one every day. He is currently asleep upstairs in his batman PJs, complete with cape.

I have been eying the spiderman bedding at Pottery Barn Kids for some time now. My son's room is already light blue and dark blue, so I wouldn't have to do anything else at all.

It's now 20% off online and I soooo want to order it. I won't buy it all...just too much.
But I was thinking I could just get the duvet and a sham and match it with solid sheets. (And of course my son already has spiderman sheets from Target!) If I get the duvet, do you think filling it with a regular twin bedspread would be OK? I don't want to have to buy a down insert.

Now I just need the hubster to approve...


1 comment:

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

You can totally fill it with the comforter. I do it all the time and it's fine. BTW, Becca over at "Bare Feet On the Dashboard" is giving away a $25 gift card to PB next week. She put it in the comments section of my "Pottery Barn Craziness" post yesterday.

Did I just tell you that? Now I just decreased my chances of winning . . . :-)