Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School Time!

 It's that time of year again! I love fall, and always loved shopping for back to school supplies. While my son goes to "school" (daycare) year round, he will be moving up to a new room on the first day of school next week. So we will be giving the 2 teachers he will be leaving a thank you gifts and giving his 2 new teachers "happy school year" gifts.

This year, we are giving the teachers school supply boxes full of some essentials! I originally saw the idea here. I'm going to add gift cards to the boxes for the 2 teachers he is leaving, but not to the boxes for his new teachers. (they will get gift cards and a little something when he leaves their room)

I got the boxes and all the items to go in the boxes for 4 teachers for under $30 at Michael's. I found all Laura Ashley stuff (pencils, paper clips, pens, erasers, etc) for 50% off. (everything was like 60 cents!) And, I got the boxes in the scrapbook organization area --2 boxes per pack for $6.99 and they were 40% off!

 I used my craft stash for all the supplies to decorate the tops of the boxes. I think they turned out really cute, and I hope all of the teachers enjoy them!

(Note: You can click on the pics to see them larger. I need to get around to redesigning the blog so I can post bigger pics!)







 Do you give gifts to teachers on the last day/first day of school? Share your ideas!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

As always Jessi, you don't disappoint - and doing this all while pregnant? You have my utmost respect! :)

Cindy said...

They look awesome....great job -Cindy

Deb said...

I "favorited" this post for future reference. Thanks for the great idea.

Deb

Room to Inspire said...

This is a great teacher idea - I will have to remember this one for sure!

Chelsea

cara said...

Great ideas! I also like to stock up on school supply items to make holiday gifts for the teachers. These would be great!