Monday, July 28, 2014

What I Bought: Nest & Trading Post Depot


Ready to see what made it home with me from Nest Home Decor and The Trading Post Depot?
(In case you didn't catch it, here's the Shopping Spotlight post.)

As much as I wanted to bring home the salvaged Sunday school sign or the old Post Office window, I stuck to a small budget and small items.

Y'all know I love me some mason jars--new, old, clear, blue...I want them all! This one HAD to come home with me. Seriously, it spoke to me. You know, like those Pier 1 commercials? It said, "You bet your glass I'm comin' to your place!" (I crack me up!) Look at that lid. Could you say no to that?



This canvas bag caught my eye right away as well. While it would make a cute and useful cross body bag for outings, I had a different idea for it in our entryway.




At $1.00 each, I had to bring a few of these little lanterns home even though I have no clue what I'll be using them for or where to put them. My daughter's room, her playhouse? The deck? For gatherings, parties? All of the above? I'm also trying to decide if I'll keep them white or spray paint them gray.



I love it when I come across useful items that I've been searching for when I least expect it! These popcorn bowls are the perfect size for my kiddos. They love popcorn, but not so much when I serve it in small metal mixing bowls. Perfect size, but hot on bare legs! My kids were as excited as I was to see these.




So there you have it! A little of this and a little of that. I added to a collection, bought some useful items, found an item to complete an area, and then picked up a few things that I neither need nor know what to do with...but I'll figure it out!

Did you go shopping over the weekend? If so, where and what did you buy? Please share!


I'm linked up with the Thrifty Treasures party over at Rhoda's 
Southern Hospitality.  Come on y'all...join us! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have those same Popcorn bowls and they have never been used. Thanks for the motivation to get then out and use them. Everything looks amazing!

Jessi said...

Get those bowls out and have a family movie night! ;)